Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Use Hand Sanitizer When You Can’t Use Soap and Water
Washing hands with soap and water is the best way to get rid of germs in most situations. If soap and water are not readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. You can tell if the sanitizer contains at least 60% alcohol by looking at the product label.
Sanitizers can quickly reduce the number of germs on hands in many situations. However,
- Sanitizers do not get rid of all types of germs.
- Hand sanitizers may not be as effective when hands are visibly dirty or greasy.
- Hand sanitizers might not remove harmful chemicals from hands like pesticides and heavy metals.
We are still here!
A note to our community
UC Berkeley is currently operating with limited staff on campus and virtual services for most offices. Unfortunately, this limits some of our programs. It does not limit our resources for you! We are still here for you. While this may be intimidating, we want to inform you of the resources we still have and what we are doing even when the office has now entered the "virtual world."
- Use Zoom, Facetime, Google Hang outs and other technology to connect - and when you meet turn the camera on so that you can see other people and they can see you! Social Distancing does not equate to social Isolation!
- Try to keep things as normal as possible, including exercise and keeping a schedule for yourself
- Remember to do things that you enjoy - watch movies with friends - Netflix has introduced a chrome extension that allows you to throw a Netflix Party! You can do virtual lunch dates and happy hours.
- The Social Distance Powwow on Facebook is an active virtual community that is great for a laugh and to connect to other Native folks
- If you start to feel down, reach out to someone. We are here for you, but so are your friends and members of the Native community!
- Feel free to reach out to Louisa or Phenocia via email to set up a time to chat, ask any questions and/or check-in.
Is this you? Check out our social media!
We have some great content on our Youtube channel. The one-and-only series: Isolation Creations. It follows our Spring interns Fox and Royale as they brave on by showing us their adventures. Click the icon below to visit our pages!
We also wanted to share this link of a google doc of online board games you can play with your friends! Click here to be directed.